Monday, December 13, 2010

Ed the Hotdogger

While Ryan and I were downtown at the courthouse last week to be 'officially' married... we realized while waiting, that after a long days work, neither of us had eaten for hours... So, we went on a hunt for food nearby. What we found (or should I say who we found) was a wonderful downtown gem - he goes by the name, Ed the Hotdogger.

He sets up his cart on Jefferson and 3rd Avenue and makes the most delicious hot dogs - But even better then the hots dogs was the man himself. He wore a smile from ear to ear, he was kind and was very proud of his dogs (as he should be). Just being in his presence, I could feel the surge of positivity that gushes from him. I read a recent article about him that talked about how his beloved wife has cancer and has fought it multiple times - I can imagine that this is not the only hardship in this mans life. But from talking to him you would never know that the man has a worry in the world.

I like Ed the Hotdogger a lot, I just met him but I can tell in one short visit that he is a man who depicts what it means to be a hardworking, happy and grateful being.

If you find yourself downtown and hungry, I highly suggest you stop by his hot dog stand - it will be the best decision you make all day - for more reasons then one.

1 comment: