Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New Beginings

When I made the decision to go back to school to study digital photography, I realized that I would have to find a job that would allow for a more flexible schedule and take up a little less brain space. Leaving Terralever was very tough, but I knew that if I was going to give this photography thing a fair shot, it would have to be my priority.

So, I applied for an 'on call' poolside server job at the Intercontinental Montelucia. My first day was last Thursday and... wow... what a change from what I have been used to for the last 3 years. I basically went from one extreme to the next. I've gone from sitting inside at my desk for basically 8 hours a day, to running around in the hot sun like a crazy person, all day and into the night. I must admit, it is hard work, but I appreciate the change. I love being outside (the heat doesn't bug me), I love having the opportunity to interact with people constantly and I love being on the move, all day. So far, I feel it was a great choice - The Intercontinental Hotel Group seems to be an awesome company and the new schedule and new faces provide me with a fresh perspective.

Step 1 of new Journey: Find a fun, flexible, well paying job. Check.

No comments:

Post a Comment