Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fitness Shoot

I recently took some fitness shots of a good a friend of mine. I haven't had the time yet to post-process all the shots, but I have played around with a couple of them. I have obviously done a good deal of manipulation to both these photo's... I do not plan on doing this with the rest, but it was fun to make them a little more artistic and a little less realistic. :)

This one is my favorite of the two, although my boyfriend disagrees with me. He likes the one below better. He doesn't like that she is off center in this photo... that's an easy fix but I prefer that she isn't directly in the middle. I like the imperfectness of it. That's what I love about photography, the beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I also LOVE how the light is reflecting off her arms... after all, I wanted them to be the focal point of the shot and the light really helps highlight them.



I'm not sure how I feel about the alignment of the mountains with her head in this shot... I wish the mountain peak was a little bit more to the right and she was a little bit more to the left, that way they would equal each other out - I think that would have looked pretty cool. But, either way, the chick is ripped and the photo definitely shows that!

4 comments:

  1. I like the first photo the best too. Great shot. And I agree with the mountains in the second photo, but it's still a great shot..maybe you can photo shop them out since the sky is so clean behind the mountains? Just a thought... :o0

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lovin' the color in these! Nice work! They 'almost' make me want to work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dan and Jen!! @danielle I know right!? How do you think I felt when I was taking them!?

    @Jen Good call, I thought about that too. Lately I find myself spending way too long on one photo (probably because I'm doing a lot of trial and error)... Hopefully as I become more comfortable with photoshop, I will be able to work through individual photo's a little quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you and Jen - TOTALLY dig the first one. I love the colors, love that we're only seeing parts of her and focusing on her arms. And I love that it's off-center, just the tiniest bit. Awesome work Court, seriously - this should could be in a fitness mag, that's what I thought when I saw it (at first I didn't know it was yours!!)

    ReplyDelete